nytEducation's annual college admissions symposium provides a comprehensive overview of this important subject with insights from current and former admissions professionals from colleges and universities around the country.
Designed to bring a wealth of information and resources directly to students and their families, this one-day event at The Times Center will cover a wide range of topics, from crafting a compelling application and personal statement to ways to succeed once you’re on campus. Following a full day of panels, our experts will be available to take individual questions during a special Q&A session.
- Alan Katzman, CEO of Social Assurity
- Natasha Singer, New York Times journalist
- Alex Soojung-Kim Pang, author of “Rest: Getting More Done While Working Less,” to learn how “deliberate rest” plays an important role in the lives of the world’s most creative and productive individuals.
- Christine VanDeVelde, journalist and author of “College Admission: From Application to Acceptance, Step by Step”
- Jon Boeckenstedt, Associate Vice President of Enrollment Management at De Paul University
- Amy W. Jarich, Assistant Vice Chancellor and Director of Admissions at the University of California, Berkeley
- Nancy Meislahn Dean of Admission and Financial Aid at Wesleyan University.
- Julie Lythcott-Haims, former Dean of Freshmen at Stanford University
- Chris Roellke, Dean of College at Vassar College
- Lisa Heffernan, Author and Journalist
- John Darnton, Curator of The George Polk Awards In Journalism
- Bruce Weber, Photographer, Filmmaker
- Meghan Daum, Award-winning Author, Essayist, and Journalist
- Kofi Kankam, college admissions expert
- Aviva Hirschfeld Legatt, University of Pennsylvania faculty and admissions expert
- Marybeth Kravets, Learning-differences expert and former president of the National Association of College Admissions Counselors
- Jenny Jaffe, founder of mental health website Project UROK
Follow the link below to register: